This scholarship portal is launched by the government of India as a part of Digital India program, with the help of this portal, all the information regarding to Scholarships offered by the government will be made available to the candidates under a single head. It is taken as Mission Mode Project under National e-Governance Plan which is known as NeGP, so that the benefits of the scheme can reach to more people. The complete details of this portal are given in this page. The official website for this is www.scholarships.gov.in
The main objective of this portal is to be one-stop solution for all the scholarships related problems for the students. All the scholarships are mentioned under a single head irrespective of the fact that they are being offered by Central Government, State Government or any other ministry.
List of Scholarships under this portal
By filling a single form, the candidate can apply for many scholarships. Candidates need not worry about missing any of the scholarship or go through filling of multiple application forms for various scholarships. There is only one application form for all the scholarship schemes under the National Scholarship portal which are as-
- Post-matric Scholarship Scheme
- Merit-cum-Means Scholarship Scheme
- Pre-matric Scholarship Scheme
- Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students
- National Means cum Merit Scholarship Scheme
- Incentives to girls for Secondary Education
- Central Sector Scholarship Scheme to Top Class Education for SC Students
- Pre-Matric Scholarships for Students with Disabilities
- Post-Matric Scholarships for students with Disabilities
- Scheme for award of Scholarships under cine/mine/Lsdm/Beedi and IOMC Workers Welfare Fund
- Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme for ST students
The application form facilitates to online filling of the Government Scholarships and direct benefit to the candidates applying for the scholarship. To avail all these scholarships, the candidates has to first register through the Student login Panel and fill in all the required details in common application form.
The following steps have to be followed in order to avail the benefits of the scholarship which are as-
- First of all the candidate is required to login the National Scholarship Portal by visiting the official website by clicking the login button on the homepage
- Then the registration has to begin with the application form, the candidate has to first register with the national portal for the scholarship. They are required to fill in the details which are required in this section.
- After this, the candidates will be allotted with the temporary registration number. Once, the details have been entered successfully and submitted as well, the candidates will be provided with a 20 digit temporary registration number. This temporary registration number is also sent to the candidate’s registered mobile number for future reference. The candidate should retain this temporary registration number till they have completed the process of registration and application process and have received the permanent registration number as well.
At last, the candidate has to login into the account with the help of temporary registration number and date of birth of candidate.